Location:340 Grove St
San Francisco, CA 94102
b/t Franklin St & Gough St
I saw this place got remodel and it used to be called “Sage Cafe”. The decor looks like it has been polished with new paint and some cute tables. I’m sad to say that this place didn’t live up to the hype that I expected. I wished I could give this place a higher recommendation but sadly the food was a bit disappointing.
Here is what I ordered
the “spicy shrimp sauce” noodle
- The broth was just salty
- The spicy sauce shrimp wasn’t really that spicy
- The noodle was just hard
- Broth came out lukewarm; kind of wanted it to be a good piping hot bowl of noodle soup
- On the good side, the shrimp was pretty good
- This bowl cost $15 + tax + tips = around $20 USD, so I would want it to taste a little better
- I can still feel the salty msg in my mouth as I’m writing this review 😦
Even though the noodle really didn’t make it for me, I did see some people enjoying coffee and toast which looks way more astounding than the Chinese menu. Maybe I can go there again just for the tea + pastry menu and let you guys know if it is better.
I did have to say their decor is really cute and I like how it is more of a hang out place for coffee with friends to catch up on life or what not.
I know overall food around SF Hayes Valley is generally pricey but for a bowl of $20 noodle, I would at least make sure it taste well!
If your here just for the coffee and toast, then you should be fine (i’m guessing by just looking at the people next to me eating, I’ll try myself and let you know again)
It is a bye bye until next time……….
Thanks for reading!