MARINA PARK @ San Leandro
What can we do to create some fun for the kids and not break a bank? Instead of spending $$ in museums, zoo, play houses, etc. we decided to take advantage of the great weekend weather by going out to the local parks. It wasn’t too hot or cold, so the kids are able to get some sun but not get burnt! haha.
We like to explore around the bay area and chose this spot for a few reasons.
- They have a awesome play structures for the kiddo’s to run around and get some exercise, meet new friends as well
- It has a good sand area for kids who want to build sand castles and have a mellow play time; for those who don’t want to run around
- If you wanted to do some strolling around with the kids, it is also very close to the water which makes it super mellow, calming and relaxing to have a conversation with your kids.The kids just looking out at mother nature, enjoying the breeze and sunshine
Belle having fun looking out and telling us about how she feels- it’s always a great learning lesson for kids to look and experience as much as they can, so they use the chance to build upon their vocabulary. I find that experiencing and bringing them places help them remember and learn quicker than looking at a text book.
Education is important, but its equally important for parents to spend valuable time with them and it will go a long way! KitCat loves to run around like any other kid. She is having a blast!
- It has something for everyone, there is a good bbq area for those who want to start grilling and tables for picnic if you fancy!
- There is also a good driving range for those who want to practice on their golfing skills or just to whack the ball for fun It does get crowded at times, specially weekends. Though it is a great area to spend a day with the kids because it is just across the playground, soccer area, and picnic grilling area.
I recommend Marina Park to family’s who are looking to drive out of the city and not too far to enjoy an outing. San Leandro is about 30 minutes drive away from the bustling city but is close enough to all the excitement.
For those who even want to make it a weekend getaway, they have a awesome lodging spot that is walkable distance to the park and everything I’ve mentioned. The Marina Inn would be a good choice to stay to enjoy a relaxing time with the kids.