Kang Kang Food Court
Location:104 N Garfield Ave
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Attire: Casual (Good breakfast food or lunch)
Service: Average: Its a fast pace restaurant where you order in the counter and find a space to sit by yourself.
My favorite Shanghai Pan Fried Bao!!!!!!
Happy Monday Everyone!
I wanted to share with you this place for good breakfast suggestions or lunch can do as well.
Kang Kang is known for their fried buns due to its crispy skin on the bottom and juicy soup that comes out once you take your 1st bite. The meat is super tender and yum. It’s really a must try when you come.
This is the “Xiao Long Bao” that you can order. It has lots of soup inside which is good but I would say that the outer dough can be thinner. Overall, this is an average dish, not my favorite…had better elsewhere.
while you go up to the counter, you can see all these precooked entrees to choose from. Don’t shy away from it and do try them because it is super flavorful! The servers are generally pretty nice to let you try something if you want (just don’t do it when there are lots of people in line since they can get busy). I would recommend coming with friend and family since they do serve big portions and you may want to try a variety of dishes.
- note this is one serving with free porridge or rice of your choice
- the platter is filled to the point that the lid can not close! haha
- super savory flavor but not too salty
- dishes are not too dry
This is one of my favorite bowl of Taiwanese noodle soup they call it “Mein xian” in Chinese.
- Its like a soup with lots of condiments inside
- add pepper for a kick of taste
- little oysters are in this dish
- the noodle is minimal and its very soft so it would be easy for kids to eat; not hard to chew at all
- I personally like to put some vinegar inside which makes the soup become another amazing taste. Try it yourself!
The interior is nothing to rave about but if you don’t mind the local feeling of the restaurant with just simple chairs and tables…you need to give this place a try. Whenever I am down at South California (SoCal), its like a must go. Since I usually drive to SoCal and arrive early in the day, this is a good place to go since it opens at 6am. Most restaurants opens much later.