828 W Valley Blvd
Alhambra CA 91803
This restaurant is raved by many critics for its authentic Chengdu spicy food. When we walked into the place, it is surprising to see different groups of people ordering. This is one of the closest authentic Szechuan food we can get in the States. My friend was tearing and still won’t stop indulging into the pot of spicy boiled greatness! haha. This is definitely a must for those who likes spicy or wants to take a challenge to their palate. There were numerous dishes to try at this spot but i’ll introduce to you a few that was my personal favorite.
Its cold, so I like soup. I ordered this pork feet soup pot which is full of richness and natural collagen that is good for the ladies!
- we indulged every bit of the soup
- the pork and skin is very soft and meat breaks off easily
- you can taste the thick creamy soup being super rich of collagen
- the onion gives the soup a very good aroma
This was a pot of green chili numbing skewers!
- you can not drink the broth because it will numb you! but that’s one of the reason why people like to order this dish
- lots of little pieces to eat from
- the veggies are definitely soaked with spiciness!
- they have chicken tendon inside that gives the dish a good crunch
- a fun dish to start off your spicy challenge
This is another bowl of pure spice in your mouth! They call it “Great Blood Bowl”
- the spam is soaked with spicy sauce and tastes good
- may be a bit on the oily side, so do note that you may be going to the restroom quite often for the next day coming
- pork blood is very tender and not hard to chew
- the intestines are very clean (as some place don’t clean it well, will have a smell to it); i’m not a great fan of intestines so I didn’t enjoy it much. But my husband loved it
- this is a dish that you must eat with rice! trust me!!! Rice + spicy food is a great combo!
The garlic pork belly
- This dish is not that spicy, the pepper just gives it a nice aroma
- the garlic is abundant in this dish! so do prepare to stink haha! if you don’t mind that, you will love this dish
- its a cold dish
- portion size for this dish is pretty small, so you can probably get this as an appetizer
- the pork belly is really thin which makes it easy to chew! it was soft and tender! yummm in my mouth
The mung bean noodle (note I forgot to take a picture of this dish so I got it from another reviewer)
- the noodle taste like “glass noodles”
- the noodle actually has taste to it; sometimes, some places make it very bland and the noodles will have no taste or they would just overpower the dish with pepper
- the dish is cold
- the nuts and onions on top is an absolute must! it makes the dish so much better
That is it for now! Thanks for reading. Please like my page and follow if you like what I share. I’ll continue to explore and introduce to you findings of great FOODiNG’s recommendation!!!! http://www.KitCatB.com