I love to have some conversation with fellow mommy’s. Since I travel very frequently with my kids, I would love to hear what types of stroller you would bring. Do you only have one stroller for everything? or you have multiples for different occasion? Let me know!
MARINA PARK @ San Leandro
What can we do to create some fun for the kids and not break a bank? Instead of spending $$ in museums, zoo, play houses, etc. we decided to take advantage of the great weekend weather by going out to the local parks. It wasn’t too hot or cold, so the kids are able to get some sun but not get burnt! haha.
We like to explore around the bay area and chose this spot for a few reasons.
- They have a awesome play structures for the kiddo’s to run around and get some exercise, meet new friends as well
- It has a good sand area for kids who want to build sand castles and have a mellow play time; for those who don’t want to run around
- If you wanted to do some strolling around with the kids, it is also very close to the water which makes it super mellow, calming and relaxing to have a conversation with your kids.The kids just looking out at mother nature, enjoying the breeze and sunshine
Belle having fun looking out and telling us about how she feels- it’s always a great learning lesson for kids to look and experience as much as they can, so they use the chance to build upon their vocabulary. I find that experiencing and bringing them places help them remember and learn quicker than looking at a text book.
Education is important, but its equally important for parents to spend valuable time with them and it will go a long way! KitCat loves to run around like any other kid. She is having a blast!
- It has something for everyone, there is a good bbq area for those who want to start grilling and tables for picnic if you fancy!
- There is also a good driving range for those who want to practice on their golfing skills or just to whack the ball for fun It does get crowded at times, specially weekends. Though it is a great area to spend a day with the kids because it is just across the playground, soccer area, and picnic grilling area.
I recommend Marina Park to family’s who are looking to drive out of the city and not too far to enjoy an outing. San Leandro is about 30 minutes drive away from the bustling city but is close enough to all the excitement.
For those who even want to make it a weekend getaway, they have a awesome lodging spot that is walkable distance to the park and everything I’ve mentioned. The Marina Inn would be a good choice to stay to enjoy a relaxing time with the kids.
Belle loves going outdoor to play in the park and strolling around the streets. No matter what month it is in the year, we always have her put on sunblock when she goes out. People might think that it is not necessary to put sunblock during winter time which is a total mistake because there actually still sun during day time.
We tested out a few products and the one that was a winner for us was a brand from Australia (see picture above) because it has high PA++++ and it is water resistant which is good for days at the park since they start sweating from the running they do on play structures.
Reasons we find this a good sunblock:
- Belle has eczema and this product is fragrance free, making it better for kids fragile skin.
- We like sunblock that has a high SPF to protect the skin from UV (Cancer Council Australia is SPF 50+)
How & when you should apply sunblock
- We apply it every 2-4 hours depending on the level of sun exposure the kids receive to make sure they are protected. Many people mistakenly thinks that we only need to apply in the morning and we are good to go but the truth is, we need to do it every couple hours.
- You don’t need to apply a lot of sunblock each time, Belle usually just tabs a little on her face on every part of her face and blends it with her fingers. Since she goes to school, she puts a bottle in her backpack and apply whenever necessary.
There you have it, easy application of sunblock to protect baby face from UV light!
-We are not affiliated or sponsored by this Company, we’re just a regular family giving you some of our personal recommendations. Though, if you do have products you want to know more about, Direct Message us and we will take it into consideration as Belle & KitCat loves playing with new products! e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your comments and feedback, please follow us and we will continue sharing! Thank you
Thanks for joining me!
KitCat B. is finally here and we are super excited to show everyone about us.
Who is Belle?
Belle is short for Crystabelle. Belle is currently 4 years old going to preschool and having dancing, swimming and play date duties. We will share with you venues and places we like to go in future posts. She loves to style herself, shop and match cloths all day long. Of course she loves princess play as well. Her favorite activity is to shop for comfort cloths and shoes all day long.
Who is KitCat?
KitCat is short for Catherine. KitCat is currently 3 years old. According to her doctor, she is on the smaller side of the spectrum for her age. Though she may look tiny, she definitely do not shy away from having a strong character. She is playful and loves to Jiu Jitsu, run around the park and bug mommy for food.
Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway. — Coco Chanel